Property consists of 4 parcels. Parcels 00501800011 & 00501800014 were residential use & no investigation was required. Parcels 00501800012 (234 E Butler) and 00501800013 (410 S Third) were commercial/industrial use & were investigated in the Phase II. 234 E Butler - areas investigated - former parts washer/paint booth, former UST area, bldg and concrete slabs. Soil sampling results - VOCs, PAHs, arsenic detected below screening levels. Groundwater sampling results - VOCs including MTBE detected below screening levels. Abestos containing floor tile on former bldg foundation. 410 S Third - areas investigated - blind sump in garage, 3 USTs abandoned in place, bldg roof & walls. Soil sampling results - VOCs detected below screening levels, PAHs evaluated as benzo(a)pyrene equivalents were below Shelby Co urban background, arsenic below Shelby Co residential bkgrd. Groundwater results - VOCs & PAHs detected below screening levels. No asbestos detected in roof materials. Lead-based paint detected in the bldg.
Former Use: 1.23-acre property has 4 parcels: 00501800011 (NE 0.22 ac), 00501800012 (SE 0.56 ac), 00501800013 (SW 0.28 ac), & 00501800014 (NW 0.17 ac). They are bordered by Abel on the E, Butler on the S, Third on the W, & Parcels 00501800015 (394 S Third) & 00501800010 (381 Abel) on the N. Parcels 00501800011 & 00014 are grass-covered lots used as residential since the early 1880s. SE portion has brick & concrete debris. Concrete stairs to the street, concrete drive, & portions of fences are on Parcel 00501800014 which has heavy vegetation & debris. A partial concrete-block wall, subgrade piping, & portions of fencing, foundations & concrete pads from an industrial bldg (234 E Butler) are on Parcel 00501800012. Several 1- & 2-story additions were added to the original (ca.1925) bldg, forming an L-shape opening to the NE. Ground surfaces were covered w/brick, organic matter, dirt, floor tile (primarily in the SW portion), & debris/garbage. Parcel 00501800013 (410 S Third) has a 3,514-SF bldg.; parcel is vacant. Original bldg was constructed in 1923 for retail gas sales & expanded for offices & a 2-vehicle garage. Garage was constructed over 3 gasoline underground storage tanks. In the early to mid-1920s, there was a gas station at 410 S Third & Lummus Cotton Gin at 234 E Butler. 410 S Third changed ownership & occupancy/use (vehicle maintenance & repair, radio & electronics repair, printing, offices) in the early 1960s. Lummus Cotton Gin manufactured gin machines through the mid-1970s. Fuel oil tank was in the open portion of the property. Businesses that owned &/or operated at this parcel: Horn & Gladden Lint Cleaner Company (1977-1979); Air Compressors Sales & Service of Tennessee (1979-2006), which manufactured industrial equipment, textile machines & parts, & repaired air & gas compressors. Residences on Parcels 00501800011 & 00501800014 were razed in the early 1970s & 2004. Inner Vision acquired the 4 parcels in 2007 & razed the commercial bldg at 234 E Butler in 2008.