6/16/17 - ABCA in process and funding to be leveraged is being explored.
Former Use: Standard and other historical sources were able to document that the subject property was developed prior to 1902 with at least three commercial buildings that were used for retail, warehousing, and stables. Between 1902 and 1906, two additional storefronts were depicted in the northern portion as well as a small vacant commercial building in the eastern portion. Between 1906 and 1913, the livery was converted to a wagon storage building utilized by the Fire Department. Between 1913 and 1925, the northern storefronts were vacated and two of the original commercial buildings (from 1902) were demolished. Between 1925 and 1936, the remaining structures were demolished. Due to data failure, PM was unable to determine occupancy of the subject property from 1925 to 1936. Based on the layout of the buildings and use depicted in previous Sanborn years, the buildings were likely commercial/retail, office, and storage space. Based on the small scale of the buildings and the brief length of unknown occupants (11 years), PM has not identified the lack of occupancy information as a concern. In 1936, the subject property was redeveloped with the current building, and was utilized as a post office from construction until 2008. The building was vacant from 2008 to 2012. The property has been occupied as a community center and community event venue since 2012.