During the Phase I ESA, the site owner stated that three USTs had been removed from the site however, Allwyn Environmental�s review of the site file maintained by ADEQ only contained documentation for removal of one UST. Additional assessment should be conducted in the reported area of the former USTs to verify that USTs do not remain in the ground. In the event that USTs are discovered, soil and/or groundwater samples should be collected and analyzed for Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons PAHs and Volatile Organic Compounds VOCs to identify potential impacts to soil and/or groundwater. The completion of the ESA will assist in future redevelopment of the site, primarily for commercial uses.
Former Use: A gas station operated at 2901 S. 6th Avenue in the northwest portion of the subject property from the 1940�s to the 1960�s. Afterwards, several businesses including a mobile home sales and service company, a furniture store, a door store, and a tire shop conducted operations on the subject property. In 1958, there were a total of four residences and a gas station occupying the subject property. Between 1958 and 1967, a portion of the subject property began to be utilized for the storage of tractor trailers and/or mobile homes. Between 1967 and 1972, the western central portion of the property began to be utilized for equipment storage. Between 1972 and 1980, both the residence occupying the southwestern portion of the subject property, and the equipment being stored in the western central portion of the property had been removed. Between 1980 and 1991, the central, west central and southwest portions of the subject property began to be utilized for equipment storage. Between 1991 and 2002, the entire length of the subject property on the western boundary had been paved for parking. A new rectangular structure, utilized by the tire shop, was constructed and tires are stored on both the east and west sides of the structure, in the southern portion of the subject property just east of the parking area. The western portion of the subject has been graded and cleared. Between 2002 and 2005, a new structure was constructed in the central portion of the subject property and an enclosed area for tire storage was constructed east of the tire shop. The eastern portion of the subject property began to be utilized for storing vehicles and equipment. Presently, the subject property is being used for storage.