The Phase I Environmental Site Assessment revealed evidence of the following two recognized environmental conditions in connection with the subject property: � Sanborn Maps and city directory searches revealed that a service station operated on the subject property during the 1930,s, 1940�s, and possibly the early 1950�s. Historically, such facilities typically dispensed fuel from a UST documentation could not be reasonably obtained on possible USTs located on and/or removed from the subject property. Furthermore, these types of facilities historically conducted maintenance on vehicles which could potentially release petroleum hydrocarbons, polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons PAHs, semi-volatile Organic compounds SVOCs, volatile organic compounds VOCs, and metals. Additional assessment should be conducted in the reported area of the former service station to verify that USTs are not present at the site. In the event that USTs are discovered, soil and/or groundwater samples should be collected and analyzed for PAHs, SVOCs, VOCs, and metals to identify potential impacts to soil and/or groundwater. � Review of standard records indicates that there is an active LUST case, ID #4482.03, located at 1700 S. 6th Avenue, approximately 65 feet south of the subject parcel. Allwyn Environmental review of the files for this LUST case identified two monitoring wells located on the subject property. The most current groundwater monitoring report for this LUST case was dated January 15, 2009. The report indicated that concentrations of petroleum hydrocarbons in the groundwater were detected in one of the wells in the December 2008 groundwater sampling event, in concentrations above the Arizona Water Quality Standards AWQS. Historical sampling results indicate that groundwater in both wells consistently contained concentrations of petroleum hydrocarbons above AQWS.
Former Use: The subject property consists of one parcel 118-18-2860 located at 1640 S. 6th Avenue in South Tucson, Pima County, Arizona. The subject property covers approximately 0.15 acres and its center is located at a latitude of approximately 32.201779� North and longitude of approximately 110.968800� West. The subject property is located within Section 24, Township 14 South, Range 13 East of the Gila and Salt River Baseline andMeridian System. The subject property is a vacant lot located on the northwest corner of 27th Street and 6th Avenue and contains two monitoring wells. The subject property was first developed between 1924 and 1927 and used for residential purposes. Between 1929 and 1931, R. W. Sherwood Service Station began to conduct operations from the property until sometime between 1949 and 1951. The property then became vacant until sometime between 1953 and 1959 when a furniture business began to conduct operations from the property. The property became vacant sometime between 1993 and 1998 and the structure on the property was demolished sometime between 1988 and 2002.