Skip to Main Content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government


Profile Information

Private
124675
SEC 39th Street and 6th Avenue South Tucson, AZ 85713
.16
32.2021855 / -110.9677865
7
Garcia, Jose
Garcia.Jose@epa.gov
213-244-1811


Top of Page


Property Location



Top of Page


Property Progress


Top of Page


CAs Associated with this Property

CA NameCA #StateTypeAnnouncement Year
South Tucson, City of 2B00T18701AZAssessment2009


Top of Page


Assessment Activities at this Property

ActivityEPA FundingStart DateCompletion DateCAAccomplishment Counted?Counted When?
Phase II Environmental Assessment$9,635.0002/18/201003/02/2010South Tucson, City of YFY11


Is Cleanup Necessary? Unknown
EPA Assessment Funding: $9,635.00
Leveraged Funding:
Total Funding: $9,635.00


Top of Page


Contaminants and Media



Cleanup Activities

There are no current cleanup activities.


Cleanup/Treatment Implemented:
Cleanup/Treatement Categories:
Addl Cleanup/Treatment info:
Address of Data Source:
Total ACRES Cleaned Up: .16
Number of Cleanup Jobs Leveraged:
EPA Cleanup Funding:
Leveraged Funding:
Cost Share Funding:
Total Funding:


Top of Page


Institutional and Engineering Controls

No


Top of Page


Redevelopment and Other Leveraged Accomplishments

There are no current redevelopment activities.


Number of Redevelopment Jobs Leveraged:
Actual Acreage of Greenspace Created:
Leveraged Funding:


Top of Page


Additional Property Attributes

According to a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment ESA Report, there were discrepancies as to the number of underground storage tanks USTs that had been located and/or removed from the site. Record reviews and interviews indicated that a gasoline service station operated at 2901 S. 6th Avenue in the 1940�s and 1950�s. The site owner stated that three USTs had been removed from the site in the mid 1980�s however, the City's review of the site file maintained by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality ADEQ only contained documentation for the removal of one UST on September 14, 2005. This Phase II ESA was conducted in the reported area of the former USTs to verify that USTs do not remain in the ground. The City excavated three trenches in the vicinity of the former service station. The City concludes that there are no USTs present at the site in the area of the former gasoline service station. Therefore, based on the results of the Phase I ESA and the Phase II ESA, there are no Recognized Environmental Conditions associated with this site.

Former Use: The subject property is located on the southeast corner of 39th Street and 6th Avenue. A gas station operated at 2901 S. 6th Avenue in the northwest portion of the subject property from the 1940�s to the 1960�s. Afterwards, several businesses including a mobile home sales and service company, a furniture store, a door store, and a tire shop conducted operations on the subject property. In 1958, there were a total of four residences and a gas station occupying the subject property. Between 1958 and 1967, a portion of the subject property began to be utilized for the storage of tractor trailers and/or mobile homes. Between 1967 and 1972, the western central portion of the property began to be utilized for equipment storage. Between 1972 and 1980, both the residence occupying the southwestern portion of the subject property, and the equipment being stored in the western central portion of the property had been removed. Between 1980 and 1991, the central, west central and southwest portions of the subject property began to be utilized for equipment storage. Between 1991 and 2002, the entire length of the subject property on the western boundary had been paved for parking. A new rectangular structure, utilized by the tire shop, was constructed and tires are stored on both the east and west sides of the structure, in the southern portion of the subject property just east of the parking area. The western portion of the subject has been graded and cleared. Between 2002 and 2005, a new structure was constructed in the central portion of the subject property and an enclosed area for tire storage was constructed east of the tire shop. The eastern portion of the subject property began to be utilized for storing vehicles and equipment. Presently, the subject property is being used for storage.
Commercial (.16)
Petroleum


Top of Page