The subject property is a 0.964-acre parcel developed with a one- and three-story former school building
currently in poor condition. The subject property building was built in three stages. The original threestory, 8,580-square-foot portion of the wood frame, brick face structure was built in 1926. In 1957, a
12,725-square-foot block wall, brick face addition containing classrooms and a gymnasium was added to
the subject property. And in 1989, a 1,602-square-foot lunchroom addition was built on the subject
property. The roof of the 1926 portion of the building is reported to be partially collapsed (Cass County,
North Dakota 2022). The subject property is in a residential and agricultural area and is currently vacant
(Figure 2). Cass County, the current owner of the subject property, plans to demolish the building.