The subject property includes an approximately 0.27 acre commercial lot at 108 North Riverfront Street in West Monroe, Louisiana. The parcel is bound to the east by the Ouachita River, to the south by the Kansas City Railroad right-of-way, and to the west by North Riverfront Street. Improvements to the subject property include a commercial building near the center of the site, paved work area to the west of the structure, along tracks, sled, and electric wench for the raising and lowering of houseboats for the waterway. The earliest available record of the site dates back to the 1886 Fire Insurance Map that illustrates the subject property as undeveloped. The subject property was first developed with a residence between 1913 and 1920. The residence was removed from the subject property between 1954 and 1956. A blacksmith and welding shop is added to the site between 1929 and 1932. The subject property continued to operate as a welding facility until approximately 2005. The site has been vacant since approximately 2005 according to Mrs. Betty Moore, subject property owner.