The subject property includes a 0.12-acre commercial property in a developed portion of the City of West Monroe, Louisiana at 200 Commerce Street. Improvements to the site include a two-story brick structure with an unfinished basement. The earliest available record of the subject property dates back to the 1886 Fire Insurance Map that illustrates the site with a residence described as a "shanty" and a shed. The subject property was commercially developed between 1898 and 1903 with an iron-clad warehouse identified at 210 and 211 Natchitoches Street. The warehouse on the subject property was described as a hardware and hay warehouse in 1909 and 1913 with an acetylene gas machine on the western portion of the site. The warehouse on the subject property was identified as Johnston and Dowling Poultry, Hay, and Feed-in 1920. The original warehouse was removed between 1920 and 1926 but reconstructed prior to 1932 as a wholesale grocery. The warehouse was identified as a grocer in the 1950 Fire Insurance Map but listed as vacant in the 1964 and 1966 City Directories. The subject property is listed as Johnnie Bayles Supply Co Inc. seed and fertilizer in 1971 and 1976, unlisted in 1981, as Riggin Mikel Management Consultant in 1986 and 1991, and unlisted after 1991. The subject property has been used for personal storage since at least 2000. The current property owner is Mr. Karl Bailey.