NOTICE: You (the User) must read these Terms and Conditions before using GRTS.
By clicking "I Agree", you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out
All GRTS users must ensure the data are protected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized
access or modification. All GRTS users are responsible and accountable for the use
of the data either through direct access or via applications they develop. Failure
to follow the rules listed may result in one or more of the following actions.
- Suspension of access privileges.
- Suspension or removal.
GRTS User Rules
- Maintain security for the database by correctly using established security
mechanisms and practices defined by NTSD when accessing GRTS.
- Notify your EPA regional GRTS coordinator of security incidents immediately.
- Notify your EPA regional coordinator when staff have terminated or changed
positions to have their access to the database terminated.
Rules for Using the GRTS Data Base
- Do not attempt to change or delete data unless you are authorized to do
- Control access to your PC; logout whenever you leave your machine.
- Use a screen saver with a password. Set the screen saver to display after
2 minutes of inactivity.
GRTS Password Rules
- Change your application password every 90 days.
- Use at least 8 characters in your application password.
- Use a mix of alpha and numeric characters - do not use family names, birthdays, sports teams, names, or words that can be found in the dictionary.
- Use new passwords, do not use the last 8 versions of your password.
- Use a different password for logging in to GRTS application as opposed using the same one for logging in to your LAN.
- Memorize your passwords - do not write them down.
GRTS Rules for Accountability
- Behave in an ethical and trustworthy manner.
- Do not attempt to perform actions or processing for which you do not have authorization.
- Actions related to the GRTS database administration are tracked in the GRTS database audit trails.
- Be alert to threats to the data housed in GRTS.