Questions and Answers

Each Q&A addresses a specific aspect of TRI reporting. There are a few options available to search the Q&As, which may be used individually or in combination:

  • Use the search box, note that you’ll receive results for any record containing the string that you typed (e.g., typing manufa will provide results that contain these letters, including words like manufacture, manufactured, manufacturing, etc.),
  • Click on the “Keyword(s)” or “Category” column headings to search for and filter on keywords and categories, and
  • Click on the “Keyword(s)” or “Category” hyperlinks within a specific question record to add those terms as filters and further refine the search.

By clicking the Q&A text for a specific question, the record for that question will open. The record includes additional details and a PDF download of the Q&As.

  • 1 - 3 of 3
Questions and AnswersKeyword(s)Category(hidden - contains search text)(hidden - contains search text)FedFac
Form A; Form R; Withdrawal8. Electronic Reporting >
8.D. Revisions and Withdrawls
<div style="visibility:hidden">19806 19-806 806 2019 Questions and Answers Consolidation8. Electronic Reporting 8.D. Revisions and Withdrawls Form A; Form R; Withdrawal 806. How do I withdraw my data using TRI-MEweb?Facilities that filed a TRI Form R or Form A Certification Statement may submit their requests to EPA to withdraw the data from EPA's database (i.e., the Toxics Release Inventory Processing System (TRIPS)) and public versions of the database (e.g., Envirofacts and TRI Explorer) for a form that was previously submitted. If EPA withdraws the submission, the chemical release record will be permanently deleted from the public databases and cannot be restored afterwards. Some specific types of form revisions require a withdrawal of the facility’s submission. For example, if a facility wishes to change the chemical name and CAS number of a previously certified report, they must first withdraw the submission that has the incorrect chemical name and then prepare a new report with the correct chemical name and CAS number associated with it. For only this type of revision, a withdrawal and subsequent revision of a chemical name and CAS number on a TRI form will result in the loss of the original submission date. In order to have a submission deleted from the TRI database, facilities must use TRI-MEweb to submit their withdrawal request to EPA and the appropriate state/tribal agency. To submit a TRI form withdrawal request, enter the “Form Submitted” section to select the form you would like to be withdrawn. You can also provide optional information for what prompted the withdrawal. All withdrawal requests need to be certified by the certifying official. TRI-MEweb will notify you that the form has been sent to CDX for processing. After a request for withdrawal has been submitted, an e-mail will be sent to both the certifying official and the preparer with instructions for certifying the pending submission. Additional information on how to withdraw TRI submissions, including a list of withdrawal codes, is provided in the Reporting Forms and Instructions. A tutorial on withdrawing submitted forms (“Form Review, Revise, or Withdraw”) is available at:</div></b><div style="visibility:hidden"></div></b>-
States; Tribes; Withdrawal8. Electronic Reporting >
8.D. Revisions and Withdrawls
<div style="visibility:hidden">19813 19-813 813 2019 Questions and Answers Consolidation8. Electronic Reporting 8.D. Revisions and Withdrawls States (Tribes); Tribes; Withdrawal 813. If a facility submits a request to withdraw a previously submitted TRI form using TRI-MEweb, is the withdrawal request automatically sent to the state or tribe?A request for a withdrawal submitted in TRI-MEweb is automatically submitted to the state/tribe if the facility’s state/tribe is participating in the TRI Data Exchange (TDX). A user in a non-TDX state or tribe must prepare a separate request for withdrawal, and TRI-MEweb can help the user create the request form to the state/tribe. A current list of states and tribes participating in TDX is available here: </div></b><div style="visibility:hidden"></div></b>-
Facility; Form A; Form R; Revisions8. Electronic Reporting >
8.D. Revisions and Withdrawls
<div style="visibility:hidden">19820 19-820 820 2019 Questions and Answers Consolidation8. Electronic Reporting 8.D. Revisions and Withdrawls Facility; Form A; Form R; Revisions 820. How do I revise my data using TRI-MEweb?For step-by-step instructions on how to revise forms in TRI-MEweb, please view the “Form Review, Revise, Withdraw” tutorial on TRI’s website at: EPA no longer accepts hard copy revisions of TRI Form R and Form A Certification Statements. Any revisions of TRI reporting forms should also be submitted to the state, tribe, or territory that received the initial TRI report.</div></b><div style="visibility:hidden"></div></b>-
  • 1 - 3 of 3