Question # 493

493. Can common or trade names other than those listed in the regulations be used for submissions?
No. EPA has provided a list of standard chemical names and Chemical Abstract Service Registry numbers (CAS numbers) for all chemicals that must be reported. The regulations require the use of these standard names. Many Form Rs submitted previously could not be processed because unlisted CAS numbers or names were used.