Question # 610

610. If a company measures its own leaks (valve, flange, pump, etc.) and determines a new fugitive factor, is the code 'E' or 'M' or 'O'?
The company should use the code M if it measured releases of the toxic chemical from its equipment at the facility to determine its release amount. 'E' is used only for published emissions factors which are chemical specific. However, in this case, the company would use 'O' which is used if it measured leaks generally or applied non-published factors developed at other facilities.